The tale of two courageous Canadian scientists
April 29, 2009
- One from rural Canada (Rimouski), the other from its heart (Toronto)
- One from a developing centre of knowledge (UQAR), the other from an intellectual powerhouse (UT)
- One is an up and coming young investigator, the other represents Canada’s great strides of the last two decades
- One has struggled for 8 years to start a lab and recruit students, the other has already trained hordes of Canada’s HQPs
- One is trying to put Rimouski on the map, the other showcases how UT put Canada on the scientific map
- One works in an emerging field (Molecular Ecology), the other in a hugely enabling discipline (Statistics)
- One named France, the other Nancy.
Our system failed them both, and both say to you: “don’t hide in the office feeling you’ve done something wrong”.