Skip to content

Inform your own research community!

April 18, 2009

Researchers need to know the full truth about how the reviewing system works, especially  now that the rules of the game are changing, the political class is spinning, and the bureaucrats are running for cover.

One way to inform your own community is to ask your NSERC or SSCHRC or CIHR  liaison committees (some disciplines already have one, and if not start one NOW!) to get to the bottom of the story,  and to write a comprehensive report of this year’s competition, but also a comparison with past competitions.

Then publish them HERE! where they can be debated and where your questions will not be ignored.

We shall start doing so beginning Monday. Stay tuned

One Comment leave one →
  1. Nadeem Jamali permalink
    April 18, 2009 08:20

    To me, the stupidest thing about the way NSERC has done this is the fact that only roughly 20% of the researchers have been subjected to this new method for now. The unsuccessful among these will now have fewer resources in the near future in comparison to the remaining 80% for competing in upcoming competitions. How this fifth of the research community is picked — based purely on the year you apply in — is random if nothing else.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: